When it’s time to focus all of your efforts on your work, you want your workspace to be a productive and inspiring place. Honing in on our creativity can be difficult to do, especially if our workspace isn’t up to par. If you work in a space that lacks color, your are dulling your creative juices. Use these three inspiring colors to create a workspace that will ignite your passion and get your mind working!
- Busy Blue: Hues of blue create a calming environment that allows for focus and productivity. The color blue has been linked to improved cognitive performance, making it a great choice for people in the creative industry. Marketing professionals, animators and creative writers can all benefit from the use of blue in their workspace.
- Go Go Green: This calming, natural color is great for creating a comfortable and soothing workspace. Like blue, certain shades of green can enhance a person’s creativity. As a reassuring and balancing color, green works well in retail stores where money is being exchanged. Green is a color of productivity and works well in workspaces that you spend a lot of time in.
- Raging Red: Bright colors like red and orange work well if your job requires physical activity. These colors inspire passion and productivity, and studies have shown that they can increase heart rate and overall blood flow. If you work in a fitness center or in the civil service industry (like firefighting), red and orange are excellent colors that will keep you motivated and passionate about the work you do.
Whether your workspace is your office or your bedroom, there are certain colors that you can use to make yourself more productive. These office painting tips are brought to you by the experts at Oklahoma City painters. Call today with more help with color theory or to schedule your free, detailed estimate!
In order to maintain a clean office, there are some things that need to be taken care of daily. By completing these tasks, you’ll prevent a buildup of dirt, germs, and clutter and be able to enjoy a happy and healthy office space.
- Wipe down the table and desk tops: At the end of each day, your desk and any tables around the office should be wiped down. If your office has a kitchen area, countertops should be wiped down as well. This quick action will prevent any food from getting caked onto surfaces, as well as stop the spread of bacteria. Remember to use cleaning solutions that are natural and safe to use. Light dusting done daily will help prevent the accumulation of unsightly dust all over your office. In the spring and summer months, dusting each day can also help prevent allergy flare-ups.
- Give everything a place: Your desktop should be clear to allow enough room to get work done without distraction. Pens should go into a pencil case or kept organized on your desktop. Extra paper, note pads, and folders should be kept in a desk drawer or in a storage closet. Keeping your desk and your belongings organized will help prevent clutter from forming, and make the daily wipe down at the end of each day easier.
- De-clutter your workspace: Putting things away where they belong should ideally be done daily. Prior to leaving the office each day, take the time to organize piles of paper that may have accumulated on your desk. This will make dusting easier, with less to move around when you dust, and make coming into your office the next day less stressful. Invest in a filing cabinet or shelving unit to keep your books, binders, and other paperwork neat and organized.
- Leave the big stuff to the professionals. Larger cleaning projects, like vacuuming and cleaning the bathroom facilities, should be left to expert janitorial services. Professional cleaners come in after office hours to give the place a deep clean, using the right chemicals, tools, and practices to make your workspace clean and safe to work in.
Having a clean office definitely help improves work morale. While daily cleaning helps maintain cleanliness, every office needs a good scrub down at least once a week to really get a deep clean. Tackle the small stuff daily, but leave the big stuff to the experts!
Many people enter a library to further their knowledge on a certain subject, while others simply wish to escape from their everyday stresses. Whether you’re seeking refuge in a home library or headed to your school campus to study, a library is a quiet sanctuary where knowledge and productivity are abundant. The atmosphere of a library is essential, and how a library is furnished plays a large role in that.
In honor of School Library Month, Jaron’s wanted to touch on the importance of furniture within a library. Read on to discover the furniture we offer that is a perfect fit for any library!
Lounge areas are a great spot in a library to get comfortable and dive into the latest novel. The Alfresco Chair would be perfect around any coffee table in a library. Not only are the colors vibrant, but the plush cushions are so comfortable you may never want to leave them.
The Sonoma table and chairs would be put to great use in a workspace. The table is large and sturdy enough to fit at least six people working simultaneously. There is enough room for patrons to bring their laptops and paperwork and get down to business. Plus, its oak coloring is perfect for a library.
What’s a library without bookshelves? The Cross Island Collection comes in three different sizes and has a beautifully detailed richness that enhances whatever space they occupy. These shelves can be lined with books, magazines and periodicals of different sizes. If it is a home library you’re looking to set up, you can add photos or sculptural pieces to the shelves for some added flair.
If you’re looking for additional storage for organizing card and media files, there is no more need for the boring, old metal filing cabinets of the past. The Lobink File Cabinet is a sleek, contemporary piece that still serves its office function.
For those who like to work alone, the Hamlyn Small Leg Desk might be the spot for them. It is a very traditional, yet elegant desk that is most suitable for those who are looking for their own space. These desks can be scattered around a school library in little nooks to optimize privacy, or placed in the center of your home library as a stand out piece.
Here at Jaron’s Furniture Outlet, we are happy to accommodate all of your furniture needs, whether you’re furnishing a home library or a school library. We offer unbeatable prices and a variety of selections to choose from. Say goodbye to your traditional library furniture and create a modern space with Jaron’s Furniture today!